Directions: Use the internet and your knowledge to answer these questions. You may type or handwrite your answers.
1. What arguments are made in favor of the death penalty?
2. What arguments are made against the death penalty?
3. Which states currently allow the death penalty?
4. Which crimes are punishable by death?
5. What was the total number of people executed worldwide in 2005?
6. Why do think some people feel this number is misleading?
7. How much money is spent on executions?
8. Which is more cost effective- death or a life sentence? Explain.
9. Which political and interest groups tend to support the death penalty?
10. Oppose it?
11. Many people who support the death penalty are pro-life. Some believe that this is inconsistent. What do you think? Explain.
12. Which 3 countries world wide are the greatest proponents of the death penalty?
13. Does the United States seem to have a lot in common with these countries?
14. Which topic would you like to discuss next? (first and second choice please!).